It’s time. Time for #TToT. Aka Ten Things of Thankful by the awesome Lizzie!!!
So here goes!!!
1. Thankful for Lizzie. ‘Nuf said.
2. Super happy I got to go see my grandma. She’s 94 and amazing.
3. Very thankful she understood she’ll be staying with my aunt and uncle from now on.
4. Thankful I can be grumpy with Dr. Evil about going on travel.
5. I’m extra thankful for the time spent with my mom and dad this weekend!
6. And this little guy!
7. Thankful for safe travels to and from Iowa!
8. And for Dr. Evil’s willing participation in such silliness as….
9. For tree trimming and farting Santas.
10. Thankful I can write this….
Let me tell you a tale. Once upon a time there was a young woman named Evil Joy. She stood by her Dr. Evil day and night for 10 long days while he fought against a staph infection. One that caused him to experience kidney, liver, and heart failure. Staph pneumonia. Rhabdomyolysis. And because of all of that he was placed in a coma to let his body heal. That meant a ventilator. Continuous dialysis. Tubes and IV. Everywhere.
Until 2 years ago today. Two years ago today he woke up. This is where the story gets good.
You see, Dr. Evil is an engineer. A techno gadget geek. MY techno gadget geek. A very bright individual. So smart it’s actually a little scary and/or intimidating even after 20+ years together.
Now when one has been in a coma for 10 days one’s muscles forget how to work. Legs and arms don’t move as they should.
This didn’t stop Dr. Evil from seeing the info board from his hospital bed. From seeing the date. 01 December 2011.
The day he qualified for a new phone.
THE new 4S iPhone from Apple.
“Give me the iPad!” he exclaims.
“What do you need?!?” I questioned back alarmed. “Your arms are not .. ummm. Not working quite right yet.”
“Just give it to me!”
“Tell me what you want and I’ll take care of it!” I said getting annoyed and then feeling guilt as he’s been awake for about 2 seconds.
“I qualify for my new phone. I want to order it now!”
Oh!!! I can deal with that!!! And here we were worried about his brain.
It’s all good. My techno gadget geek is as geeky as ever!
Can you believe Apple didn’t pick this up for a commercial?!?!? In a coma one minute. Demanding to order newest Apple product the next?!?!?
Their loss man. Their loss.
But I’m open to selling it now…..hint hint #apple #iphone #storyforsale
EJ out – waiting to hear from Apple. Shameless pleading is awesome right?!?