There have been numerous posts about the drop off lane at schools in the past few years. You can read one of my favorites Here.
However, I feel it is time for a reminder.
The EVIL JOY 7 Commandments for Dropping Your Spawn at School
1. Thou shall wait calmly in line and not shoot ahead. Parallel parking while a line is moving prohibits said line from moving.
2. Thou shall have spawn ready to exit car. Seat belts shall remain in place until vehicle has come to a complete stop. However, hats, mitts, coats, boots, shoes, and other auxiliary pieces shall be attached to spawn so they may exit the vehicle efficiently.
3. Thou shall say “Goodbye’s” and “Love You’s” from your seat while remaining seat-belted in.
4. Thou shall pull over, put car in park, unlock doors, and instruct spawn to exit vehicle on SCHOOL SIDE OF VEHICLE. Thou shalt not allow spawn to exit on traffic side of vehicle.
5. Thou shall remain seat-belted in and see spawn safely away from vehicle.
6. Thou shall move with traffic as thoust line leaves exiting area.
7. Thou shalt not disobey the previous six Commandments.
If thou must break one of the Commandments thou must either:
a. Pull far enough ahead so as to not inhibit forward motion of rule following drivers who are not breaking said Commandments.
b. Park. For the Love of Pete. Park and walk your spawn into the building. Get the hell out of the way and park. Just do it. If you have to get out of your car and help your six spawn get their backpacks, mittens, hats and cellos on, move. Get out of the way.
As a parent who drives spawn to school at least once a week, I know I fall into the category of Commandment breaker so I pull super far ahead out of the way and let my spawn get her cello out of the back of my truck.
The stress created by drop off and pick up is the MAIN reason I make my spawn ride the bus most days. Other reason include….they have a bus stop, why not use it…and I don’t want to drive you to school because I have other stuff to do….and I don’t want to.
If we all just love each other and follow the above Commandments our world would be so much more peaceful.
So….Give Peace a Chance. And Follow Evil Joy’s Commandments.
Or Else. I’ll go Evil on your Arse.
EJ out – to get ready to employ my own Commandments.
An addendum to the above Commandments: Please vote for Evil Joy Speaks at Top Mommy Blogs. You just click on the juggling lady up there on the right. Thanks!